Sunday, September 12, 2010

Adobe's download manager

So today I went into my console (where you can find system wide error message on Mac OS X) and found all these errors pertaining to a particular Property List named "com.akamai.client.plist".  Before searching the internet, I Spotlighted my compter but came up empty.  I then searched com.akamai.client.plist on the internet and found that this file belongs to Adobe's download manager, which gets downloaded when you download any Adobe software.  To get rid of this file (and all those pesky errors), follow the steps below:


SOLUTION:

  • Go back to Adobe.com
  • Download ANY trial software title
  • stop download at anytime and close download manager window
  • open terminal from Applications > Utilities
  • now type in /Applications/Akamai/admintool uninstall -force and wait for the deletion to get completed

No comments:

Post a Comment