Thursday, July 4, 2013

Sometimes uninstalling a driver is the simple solution

Two weeks ago I went out of town and my aunt's laptop's audio was very muffled and very echoed.  So, as the techie in the family, and after playing around with the settings for 3-4 minutes, I decided to uninstall the audio driver.  I then rebooted to let Windows Vista reinstall the missing driver and now all is hunky dory.

Here are the steps I took to uninstall the offending driver:
  • Go into Device Manager by right-clicking on My Computer and by selecting Manage


This reminds me of another post that I wrote in my other blog describing the time when I was helping a customer a couple months ago who was watching movies on his computer and his volume kept muting.  It was later when we found out that he downloads a lot of files from Frostwire, which if you're not careful, can contain a lot of malware and seriously mess up your system

No comments:

Post a Comment